Yay! It's October! How totally wicked awesome is that? October has got to be the best month of the year. And it's October! Yay! What's so awesome about October, you may ask. I'll tell you. October's weather is wicked, both my dogs were born in October, Halloween is in October, and October makes me feel like a little kid again.October, October, October... yeah, it's an awesome month. (Even if the name reminds me of Octopus.)
Well, since I mentioned my dogs before, I guess I should show you them, too!
The older and bigger one is Koda, he was born in October of 2005. We got him on January first, 2006. I can't really remember what I did before we had Koda. He's so stupid! Ha ha... yeah, I think his stupidity has rubbed off on me. XD He acts like a cat, chases light reflections--oh, and he jumps over ropes like horses jump over those bar-type things. :PBreezy was born in October of 2007, we got her on December fifteenth (last year, duh. December fifteenth of this year hasn't happened yet.) as an early Christmas present--she's smarter than Koda, but she, like him, acts like a cat. When I was little I always imagined having a dog that would swim... yeah, we're lucky if Koda and Breezy don't cause headaches throughout the house when they have baths.

Breezy was the runt of her litter, so yeah, she'll always be teeny-tiny. Koda, on the other hand, was the only one in his litter, but is full grown in both of the pictures.
In case you haven't noticed, both Koda and Breezy are highly photogenic. They're amazing little animal models. Oh, and they're Shiba Inus, just in case you were wondering. :P
Another fun fact about Koda and Breezy is that, if it wasn't for NintenDogs, we wouldn't have them--we'd have Chihuahuas. Ha ha... yeah, Koda and Breezy are much cuter than chihuahuas--not to say that chihuahuas aren't cute and all, but Koda and Breezy are just cuter, and more fun. Probably not as finicky.
Okay, well, back to the NintenDogs story. So, Christmas of 2005, my little sister-twins (J-Babe and Bear) and I, got Nintendo DS's--along with NintenDog games (I got Dachshund and Friends.) Well, soon we found out that there were such things as Shiba Inus, we all fell totally in love with them--yes, we fell in love with pixel animals. So, less than a week after Christmas, my older sister-twin (Izzi), asked our mom if we could get one--we got Koda a few days later.
I remember January first of 2006 not being a particularly cold day. There were still leaves on the ground from Autumn and there was a slight breeze that twirled them and lifted them from the ground. Well, we brought Koda home and took him straight to the backyard--he chased the leaves. I remember laughing so hard at him, he would chase the leaves, pounce on them, chew on them... he was so cute. I remember telling my mom that I didn't want anything else for my birthday, I was so happy that we had a dog. (My birthday was only nine days away, by the way.)
Koda has always been a playful dog, he's so cutely stupid, and he's obedient. In the first year that we had him, we taught Koda how to sit and stay, lay down, spin (literally jump in the air and do a 360.), and jump over ropes with reflections. I loved Koda with all of my heart back then, he was all I ever wanted, aside from the fact that he hated water and soon lost interest in catch--but the fact that he always slept under the table and dragged his bed underneath it was so cute, how could you not love such a dog?
I couldn't help but think that Koda might have been lonely, though. I mean, how would you feel if all your life you never knew your real parents? That you had no one you could talk to really? I was so sad for Koda, I knew that really, he was all alone, even though he had us.
So from January first, 2006 through December fifteenth, 2007, he was all alone. The day we learned that we were getting Breezy, I was so happy.
My mom and step-dad had called us into the living room, said that they had an early present for us that they just couldn't keep secret any longer. I immediately piped up by saying: "Is it a dog?" Ha--yeah, it was a dog, well, a picture of one, in a shoe box. They told us that we'd be picking her up from the airport around noon on December fifteenth, that she was the runt of her litter. I was so excited, Koda was going to have a friend.
As I type this Koda and Breezy are playing to my left, running around the house, racing beneath the couch, biting at each other and trying to see who beats the other... it's so cute.
I love my dogs, they're wickedly awesome. I don't know what I'd do without them. <3
Well, I'm off to play with my silly puppies now, buh-bye!
╰☆╮Mimi╰☆╮
4 comments:
Cats are better.
:D
Liar.
And, besides, I'm allergic to cats.
And they never do anything--whatsoever.
Except for give you a bunch of scratches.
Oh, and I know you fell in love with Koda and Breezy the moment you saw their pictures. :P <33
I totally love your dogs. They're so sweet.
I'm not sure I ever saw Breezy in actual real life, but she's freaking ADORABLE.
Is she the puppy in the first picture, too?
Yup, Morgan, Breezy was a puppy then. Heh heh heh... she was a little fuzz ball.
Post a Comment